Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 12:56:42 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: script not found in /usr/local/etc/rc.d

Dru <genisis@istar.ca> types:
> However, when I try to start the script manually or when I reboot, I get
> an error message stating the script is not found:
>
> /etc/rc: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mnwclient.sh: not found
>
> What am I missing here besides my sanity? I've attached the script if that
> helps.

The #! line in the script is fubar for some reason that's causing the
kernel exec to fail. The report back to the shell is that the file
isn't executable (stupid, but apparently required by Posix), so the
shell reports that it can't find the executable.

Joe Clark's guess - that it's pointing at the wrong place - is the
usual cause for that. There are other things that might make it do
that as well.

Can you send just that line? I know you attached the script, but
freebsd.org's mail digester eats the MIME headers, so my mailer can't
decode what you sent :-(.

	<mike