Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:35:42 -0700
From:      Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Pete Ehlke <pde@rfc822.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: openpkg

Pete Ehlke wrote this stuff back on Sat, 19 Oct 2002 17:17:18 -0500:

> On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 02:35:16PM -0700, Chip Wiegand wrote:
> >
> > On page 8 of the Nov issue in the article is a table with a list of
> > OS's that supposedly support OpenPKG, and FreeBSD 4.x is listed as
> > full support, and FreeBSD 5.0 as partial support.
> >
> 1) Don't believe everything you read in SysAdmin. Some would say don't
> believe *anything* you read in SysAdmin.
>
> 2) "Package foo works on OS bar" does not mean "OS bar supports
> package foo".
> -Pete

I understand that. I just found it interesting that some 'group' would
try to make a package system that will work on sooo many differing OS's.
Even the three BSD's have differing package systems, though there
appears to be work going on to bring two of them together. It's been
awhile since I read anything about that, so I don't know if that's even
still in progress.
Seems like a daunting task to me.

--
Chip