Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:21:43 -0600
From:      "Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd@kiwi-computer.com>
To:        Patrick Dung <patrick_dkt@yahoo.com.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Feature request

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 10:24:44AM -0700, Patrick Dung wrote:

> I think Gvinum more like software raid then LVM (allocate/resize
> Logical Volume on the fly).

vinum *is* a (logical) volume manager.  You don't have to use RAID at all,
but it's easy enough to do.  Resize is currently broken, but lulf@ I think
was working on that.  There are many things I don't like about LVM at all,
particularly in the naming and how impossible it is to setup a root mirror
at install (or even mirror whole disks).

-- Rick C. Petty