Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 04:15:05 +0100
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Akshay Lamba <akshay_lamba@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kerberos problem

Akshay Lamba wrote:

> hi,
>   im trying to install a kerberos server on a freebsd machine. I have
> downloaded the port and had a clean make and installation. i then found and
> configured the .conf and .realms file. Now when i enter kdb_init to
> configure it i get a command not found error. I have looked for this file on
> the entire hard disk but seem unable to find it. What do i do?

Uh, *the* port? Depending on the version of FreeBSD you're using
kerberos might already be included. Like 4.2 for example. Therefore
that would be a likely candidate for the *the* title.

As to ports, in those there are no less then two kerberoses
(kerberosi?). Heimdal as well as the MIT original, would that
be the one you indicate with *the*?

As to a more direct answer to your question:

nisser:/home/www/Slak$ whereis kdb_init
kdb_init: /usr/sbin/kdb_init /usr/share/man/man8/kdb_init.8.gz
nisser:/home/www/Slak$ uname -v
FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE #16: Sun Feb 13 14:51:41 CET 2000     toor@nisser.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/FORSETI

Why your system doesn't have even that one... typo perhaps?

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.
Nisser home -- https://nl.nisser.com/