Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:20:06 +0900
From:      non@ever.sanda.gr.jp
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please test updated ncv, nsp and stg drivers

From: Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:58:46 -0600
> I updated my stable sources and rebuilt the world last night and applied
> your patch this morning. My HP [KME] SCIS card attaches OK, probes thecd
> fine, but I can't use the cd. I have tried mounting a cd, dd
> if=/dev/cd0c ..., tosha and cdda2wav but nothing is working.
>
> Relevant bits of dmesg below. Let me know if I you need additional
> info.

Thank you for your report. I sent your dmesg to the original author
(Honda-san). I don't know if this helps but I heard that error
handlings were revised at newer version. Could you try following
patch for -stable ?

http://home.jp.freebsd.org/~non/current.2.11.diff.gz
http://home.jp.freebsd.org/~non/stable.2.11.diff.gz

(above are diffs from original -current and -stable)

// Noriaki Mitsunaga //