Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:12:30 +0100
From:      Martin Welk <mw@theatre.sax.de>
To:        Eric Dannewitz <ericdano@ncal.verio.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Print Server for LAN

On Mon, Jan 24, 2000 at 08:58:03PM -0800, Eric Dannewitz wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a Lexmark Optra R+ (A postscript printer) with my
> FreeBSD box. I'd like the Windows PCs on the network to be able to print
> to the printer. Now, I think Samba needs to be installed, but is there any
> other way to do it?

You could use lpr or lprng (in the ports) and let the Windoze boxes print
to an lpr printer (I think it's called LPD printer in '98, and LPR printer
in NT, but I'm not very sure.) Both works.

Regards,

Martin
--
,,You know, there's a lot of opportunities, if you're knowing to take them,
        you know, there's a lot of opportunities, if there aren't