Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 03:40:48 +0000
From:      "Steve Gatt" <stevegatt@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.1.5 Binary Installation - Disk Space Required

Hello,

I could not find the answer to my question elsewhere, so I have turned to
you for help.

I have FreeBSD version 2.1.5, which I wish to install on an Intel Pentium
machine (details below), and I would like to know how much hard disk space I
should allot.  On the back of the CD box is written 60 MB for a binary only
system, which will be what I want, but does that include the X windowing
system?  I will not be installing any applications or doing any development
for now.  If you could tell me how much space I will need for the binary
system, including X Window, swap space and any more room I need just to have
a smoothly operating system, I would be glad.

Here are more specific details of my system:
  Intel Pentium CPU at 100 Mhz
  Motherboard with Intel Chipset (Don't know the brand)
  16 MB Main Memory
  2.16 GB Samsung HDD (IDE)
  S3 Trio 64 V+ ( /64 /32) 86C765 Graphics Card (Surf brand, I believe),
with 2 MB memory
  Realtek RTL8029AS 86017T1 (10 or 100/10 Mbps switching, I am not sure) PCI
Ethernet Card (Will be connected via UTP cable to a 3COM Superstack II hub,
to which Windows 95, 98 and 2000 systems are also connected)

Thank you,
Steve