Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 01:12:27 -0700
From:      "Michael L. Farace" <mfarace@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   how to find out certain config info from FreeBSD

I need to find out a couple of things from my FreeBSD system that I can't
find the commands for:

1) How do I tell the exact version of named that is running?  It is FreeBSD
2.1.6.  Whatever comes with that is what is running - but I don't know what
version that is.

2) Number of file descriptors compiled in kernel?  Again, this is whatever is
default in FreeBSD 2.1.6, I just cant find that info.

Thanks!

Mike Farace
mfarace@mindspring.com