Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 14:34:57 -0500
From:      Glenn Johnson <glennpj@bayouhome.net>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        FreeBSD-QUESTIONS <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Motif/Lesstif Question

On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 01:40:02AM -0400, Matt Heckaman wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> This post is going to be somewhat vague because I really do not know
> where to start. Firstly, I have a FreeBSD 4.0-stable system with
> lesstif 0.90.0 on it. Certain motif-ish applications compiled against
> it (ie; nedit) use the normal 'grey' scheme which I like.
>
> However, when I compile.. mgv for example, or certain other things
> (such as one or two of the ftp clients, don't recall which) the whole
> interface is a medium blue. I'm not sure where to start on this one,
> but it's a bit annoying :) I'm not very skilled when it comes to
> graphical programming and so forth, as you no doubt can see. A theory
> would be appreciated.

You should be able to set the options for color in either your
~/.Xdefaults file or ~/.Xresources file. For system wide application,
look in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults for a file that corresponds to
the program in question. You will have to find out what the resource
names are that you want to change so hopefully that is documented
somewhere for your program.

HTH.

--
Glenn Johnson