Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 12:49:01 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, jmz@FreeBSD.ORG, sf@FreeBSD.ORG, alex@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.1.0 and include/GL/glu.h

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 08:39:50PM +0300, Maxim Sobolev (sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG) wrote:
> Several days ago I've sent a patch that fixes that problem to portmgr@
> consideration. Check your archives for details

Ah, you're right.  But I think maybe it would be a good idea just
to segregate Mesa3 into two ports, Mesa3 and libglut, because it
seems XFree86 provides the full libGL but consistently leaves out
all or part of libglut.  Or we could just remove GL from the
XFree86 install and make it depend on Mesa3 instead... but that
wouldn't work (and nor would the first suggestion, but it would
affect fewer people since libglut is not really that widely
used) if XFree86 has their own local hacks for MesaGL.

Anyway, I'm really tired of having to deal with the shortcomings
of the XFree86 ports, and they've had too many for the last two
years.  I really wonder what kind of crack those guys smoke, and
where I can get some of it.  Perhaps Jean-Marc can tell me.

--
wca