Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 09:01:09 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
Cc:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>, portmgr@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -pthread cleanup [megapatch]

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 10:56:12PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I would like to put attached patch for testing on bento/beta to check
> > that there are no undesirable side affects. Also I would like to ask
> > maintainers of individual ports listed here to avoid tweaking -pthread
> > in their ports until this patch has been committed to avoid merging
> > conflicts.
>
> 	First off, in the future please put patches of this size on your web space
> on people.freebsd.org. 111+k e-mails are not bandwidth friendly. Second,
> what will the content of ${PTHREAD_LIBS} be? It's hard to tell whether this
> change will work for my port or not without that information.

PTHREAD_LIBS has been defined in bsd.port.mk for quite some time; it is
"-pthread" on anything less than -current before the libc_r merging,
and "-lc_r" on the latter.  Also, in the former case, -D_THREAD_SAFE
is added to CFLAGS (bsd.port.mk, near line 952).

G'luck,
Peter

--
Thit sentence is not self-referential because "thit" is not a word.