Date:      Sat, 20 May 2000 19:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jonathan@fosburgh.org
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/18700: kdelibs2 doesn't compile with some versions of libaudiofile

>Number:         18700
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       kdelibs2 doesn't compile with some versions of libaudiofile
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD gw.fosburgh.org 4.0-STABLE FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE #4: Mon May  8 19:21:05 CDT 2000     toor@gw.fosburgh.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/40KERN  i386

The kdelibs2 port searches for libaudiofile, without this library you
cannot listen to wave files with KDE apps.  libaudiofile is not listed
as a requirement for KDE2 which perhaps it should be, but that is another
matter.  Ther version of libaudiofile I had previously installed (0.1.6)
contains an improperly written header file, libaudiofile.h, that was
causing the compile of arts/flow/synth_play_wav_impl.cc to fail due to
a syntax error.  The current version of libaudiofile in the ports (0.1.9)
works.
>How-To-Repeat:
Read the above description, if you have an old version of libaudiofile
installed, cd /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs2 && make to replicate.
>Fix:
Perhaps there needs to be a way to read /var/db/pkg/libaudiofile-* to
determine if the version is current and known to work.  kdelibs2 should
also perhaps require libaudiofile.  Additional kde2 ports may silently
require this library as well. Beyond this, if you have an old libaudiofile
installed and want kde2, you should install the current libaudiofile or
edit config.cache to set the two locations where libaudiofile is listed
to 'no'.