Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 1999 02:58:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Ghulam Dastgir <banta@ghulam.force9.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FBSD no longer bootable

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Ghulam Dastgir wrote:

> In short I can no longer boot my PC into FreeBSD. Previously I'd
been using FBSD happily as part of a dual boot system sharing the
hard-disk with Windows 95. The dual mechaninsm was provided by
FBSD's booteasy boot manager.

> The problem occured when Windows got corrupted and I had to
reinstall Windows. So now Windows is OK but I can't access the
separate FBSD partition, which I now still exists because the DOS
fdisk utility still shows it is there. but now fbsd appears before
Windows on the harddrive, or at least this is what dos fdisk says.

> Any ideas on how I can recover my fbsd. Is it because Windows
has overwritten the Master Boot Record? Or will it be the dreaded
TOTAL system reinstall?

please set your mailer to wrap lines longer than 70 characters.

ok, you may want to scour the freebsd ftp site for something in
a 'tools' dir called OSBSBETA, get that and run it in DOS, it
gives a nice boot switcher you can use.

enjoy,
-Alfred