Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:10:54 -0600
From:      "J. Seth Henry" <jshenry@net-noise.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <antipode@thpoon.com>
Subject:   Re: questions-digest V5 #43

This is an easy one - sftp. It is included in every distribution of ssh that
I've seen, and works just like traditional ftp. If you go with sftp2 (ssh2),
then you have a pretty darn secure daemon. A number of Windows clients even
include the functionality. I use SSH's SSH2 program and it comes with a
fairly useful, if no frills, FTP program. The only downside is that few
normal programs can interact with it - you have to have an sftp type program
to communicate. This isn't necessarily a problem, unless you have users who
are using non secure ftp programs.

If you are, then you can still wrap ftp, and at least limit your exposure.

Seth Henry
jshenry@net-noise.com