Date:      Sat, 5 Jul 2014 19:12:05 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Images in freebsd-doc

On Sat, 5 Jul 2014, Carl Johnson wrote:

> I usually prefer to use local documentation, so I have the
> en-freebsd-doc package installed (the freebsd-doc-en port).  My browser
> doesn't show any images and it turns out that they have really screwy
> paths to those images.  For example, the image for figure 2.4 in section
> 2.5.1 is (warning: *long* line)
> 'file:///wrkdirs/usr/ports/misc/freebsd-doc-en/work/doc/share/images/books/handbook/bsdinstall/bsdinstall-keymap-select-default.png.
> The actual path for the image is
> file:///usr/local/share/doc/freebsd/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/bsdinstall/bsdinstall-keymap-select-default.png,
> but the relative location is just
> bsdinstall/bsdinstall-keymap-select-default.png.
>
> Is there a reason for using that kind of path for the image when the
> installed path isn't remotely like that?  Should I munge apache to
> somehow get to that path, or should I file a PR to try to get something
> reasonable?

When I build that port, the image link points (correctly) to
file:///usr/local/share/doc/freebsd/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/bsdinstall/bsdinstall-keymap-select-default.png

What options are set for the port?  I tried only HTML and HTML-SPLIT.

Could you have an entry in /etc/make.conf that is interfering?  Maybe
NO_STAGE, or some non-default directory for building or installing?