Date:      Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:38:09 -0500
From:      Martin Jackson <mhjacks@swbell.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   teamspeak problems on 5 (and, I've heard, on 6)

Hello,

I'm running a vanilla x86 server running teamspeak (www.goteamspeak.com)
for some friends for collaborative gaming.  Teamspeak is a binary-only
distribution with a Linux server and client (also Windows).  There is a
FreeBSD port of an earlier version of the Linux server.

There have been some PR's about teamspeak not being able to listen on
port 14534 (which is the Web administration interface for teamspeak).
Apparently it works OK on 4, though I haven't tested it there.  I have
run it successfully on DragonFly 1.2, so I am hopeful that it would run
on 4.11.  When starting on 5, it complains of an unspecified error, and
will be listening on udp/8767, but not on tcp/14534.

Currently I am running Linux on my teamspeak server - I would rather run
a BSD on it.  (Specifically 5.3 or 5.4, or 5-STABLE).

I believe that the problem is in the Linux emulation in FreeBSD post 4.
  (The linux_base port I ran it under in DragonFly was linux_base 8.0_6
from ports.)

I am familiar with Unix; I've run Linux systems for a long time but am
less familiar with BSD and its diagnostic tools.

Would anyone on this list be able to help determine why this port is
broken?  I have a machine I can install any needed version of BSD on to
test (4.11, 5.3, 5.4); if you can tell me what information you need from
me I will do my best to provide it.

Thanks,
Marty