Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 00:22:31 +0100
From:      Andrew Grillet <andrew@grillet98.freeserve.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CDRom writer/worm

Hi

I run BSD 2.2.8. I have a Yamaha 4416 S scsi cdrom writer.

Although I have been told that this is a supported device,and even saw
it in some places, I have sopend more than 40 hourws getting
nowhwere with it. (Well not quite nowhere - I now know loads
more about Un*x than anyone really wants to :-)

After reading http://www.best.com/~spadger.CDR-cdrecord.html
I decided my only hope was the worm device. However, it
seems it does not support my drive.

How do I make it support my drive?

I am expericned at writing device drivers, and can do almost
anything needed (including designing SCSI hardware, though I
would prever to use my AHA1542).

I cannot find the required info, and need a push in the right
direction.

I'd really rather download working code though :-)

Andrew