Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:50:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gordon Tetlow <gordont@bluemtn.net>
To:        Lawrence Farr <l.farr@epcdirect.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mylex Support

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Lawrence Farr wrote:

> I have 4 different Mylex DAC960 controllers that I cannot install Current
> onto. (Tried from Late December to 20000307). Sysinstall seems to get the
> geometry wrong, and even telling sysinstall the "correct" geometry, it gives
> a "tied to write beyond end of drive" error. Booting from a running -current
> and formatting does the same. They all have the latest BIOS, and they have
> been tried with various drive combinations. Has anyone else got this to work
> successfully or is it just me?.

I know it sounds wierd, but if you boot with a dos floppy and fdisk a
small partition onto the drives, it might work. We used to have a problem
(not on Mylex controllers though) that sounds the same. After putting on
the small partition, boot the install and it will (hopefully) detect the
right geometry.

Anyone else have any ideas?

-gordon