Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 01:01:05 +0200
From:      Alex Shnitman <alexsh@hectic.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tunneling w/ FreeBSD & Linux

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

Hi!

What IP inside IP tunneling solution is there that works both on
FreeBSD and on Linux? I have a Linux box on the 'net, and a box at
home that connects via dialup that's blocked from the world (but not
from that Linux box). What I did was run a private encapsulated
192.168 network between the Linux box and the home box with the Linux
IPIP driver, and then used masquerading on the Linux box to get out.

Now I'm playing more and more with FreeBSD at home (an excellent
system -- way to go!), and I'd like the same setup, but I can't
replace that Linux server. So what can I use? Does FreeBSD support the
IPIP implementation that Linux does? If not, Linux also has GRE, which
seems to be more standard; does FreeBSD support that? Where can I find
more info on the subject? (I searched, and didn't find.)

Please CC me your reply since I'm not subscribed.
Thanks in advance!

--=20
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
alexsh@hectic.net, alexsh@linux.org.il   +----------------------- =20
http://alexsh.hectic.net    UIN 188956    PGP key on web page
       E1 F2 7B 6C A0 31 80 28  63 B8 02 BA 65 C7 8B BA

The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.
	-- Arno Schaefer

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx

--zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx--