Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:45:12 +0000
From:      Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   VMWare question

Hi y'all,

in the next couple of weeks I should have my shiny new Dell Latitude
Laptop - and by then I should also have FreeBSD 4.0 :')

My plan is (was) to load StarOffice (as I presently have on the current
desktop box) and use that to give me the 'MS-Office' compatability I
require (i.e. not a lot). I am, however, being pressured a bit to
'conform', and the company is now shelling out for licensed versions of
VMWare.

I've just assisted with the installation of a RH6.1 system with VMWare
and then NT4/WS, and, apart from a few little glitches (mainly to do
with NT), we had it up and on the local NT Domain in less than 6 hours
(including a lunch-break).

My question: what would I need to do to use the licensed (real) version
of VMWare on FreeBSD rather than the (I believe) 'trial' version that
comes in the ports?

I'll have a closer peruse of
<http://www.mindspring.com/~vsilyaev/vmware/>; while I'm waiting for
comments here ;')