Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 15:38:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        chris@sloth.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: floppy

>Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 18:14:33 -0500 (EST)
>From: Chris McCoy <chris@sloth.org>

>i am having trouble mounting the floppy

>i do mount /dev/fd0 /mnt

>and gives me an error "/dev/fd0 on /mnt : Incorrect super block

In order to "mount" the floppy, the floppy needs to have a file system
built on it.  See the man page for "newfs" for information on doing
this, but fair warning:  floppies are a little "unusual" (in limited
capacity and removability), compared to the usual media for UNIX
filesystems.  Either difference is capable of contributing to
"interesting" situations.

You might also check recent archives of the list, where some discussion
took place re: non-default newfs parameters.

david
--
David Wolfskill		UNIX System Administrator
dhw@whistle.com		voice: (650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 371-4621