Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 08:59:23 -1000
From:      Gary Dunn <gdunng@mac.com>
To:        "Oliver Mills" <oliver@crownhill.co.uk>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Access Problem!

On Wed, 08 Nov 2000, Oliver Mills wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I have had freebsd runningfine on my system up untill this morning.
>
> I changed the IP address last night (it worked fine) and came in the this morning to find
> that i can no longer access freeBSD.org through the /stand/sysinstall menu.
>
> I can Ping other IP addresses within the network but i cannot go beyond the router into t
> he outside world.
>
> Can anyone help with this problem??
>
> Regards
>
> Oliver Mills

Sounds like a subnet mask problem. Or you made a big mistake in the new IP
address.

Like, if your subnet is 140.120.0.0, your mask is 255.255.0.0, and your system
was 140.120.15.1. If you glitch the change and assign 120.140.15.2 you will
have that problem. It's the kind of glitch I'm famous for :-)

--
 == Gary Dunn
 == Honolulu