Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 22:24:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Ronald G. Minnich" <rminnich@lanl.gov>
To:        Derek Barrett <derekbarrett@graffiti.net>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wal-Mart pcs for $200

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Derek Barrett wrote:

> Well Wal-Mart is selling pcs with Linux on them
> for $200. They are 800mhz but are powered by a Via processor.
> I've never heard of Via. Who makes that?

works fine.

VIA is the maker of something like 50% of the chipsets sold in the world.
A very interesting company.

You can get the boards alone from cwlinux.com for $105. AMAZING for a
pIII/800 equivalent. (you have to supply memory)

And, they will soon support linuxbios, so for clusters, no hard drive etc.
needed :-)

Runs clustermatic just fine.

ron