Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:37:39 -0400
From:      John Schneider <john.a.schneider@gmail.com>
To:        marino@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Eclipse Update - Plugins not working

Hi,

Thanks for the much needed update to Eclipse!

Unfortunately, plugins installed via Help->Install New Software are not
working.  The install goes smoothly, but upon Eclipse restart, none of the
functionality is there.

In Help->About Eclipse,  the plugins show under Installed Software and
Installation History, but not under Features or Plugins.  I've seen
something similar in older versions when installing plugins as non-root.
So, I logged in as root, totally uninstalled Eclipse, rm -rf
/usr/local/lib/eclipse, re-installed, and ran Eclipse as root.  Installed
plugins, restarted Eclipse and the results are the same - plugin
functionality is non-existent.

How do you have plugins working in your Eclipse port testing environment?

Thanks,
John