Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2001 09:14:35 +0100 (CET)
From:      Dan Larsson <dl@tyfon.net>
To:        <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/25155: `ASSERTION FAILED' errors with security/pgp6 on FreeBSD-4.2 STABLE

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 kris@FreeBSD.org wrote:

| Synopsis: `ASSERTION FAILED' errors with security/pgp6 on FreeBSD-4.2 STABLE
|
| State-Changed-From-To: open->suspended
| State-Changed-By: kris
| State-Changed-When: Thu Mar 22 11:53:04 PST 2001
| State-Changed-Why:
| Not sure exactly what you hope us to do with this: you haven't given
| any insight on how to replicate the problem, and besides it's not usually
| the job of the FreeBSD Ports team to fix bugs in ported software: that's
| what software vendors are for :-)  Unless you can show that this is
| brokenness within the FreeBSD port and indicate (at the very least) how to
| replicate it, this issue should be taken up with the PGP authors.

How to replicate the problem is stated in the PR (installing the port is
enough, given that you actually use the program). I'm not sure the problem
is in the actual port or the program.

| http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=25155

Regards
+------
Dan Larsson      | Tel:   +46 8 550 120 21
Tyfon Svenska AB | Fax:   +46 8 550 120 02
GPG and PGP keys | finger dl@hq1.tyfon.net