Date:      Sun, 10 Apr 2005 05:44:01 -0700
From:      "Edwin D. Vinas" <xmisoy@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   what application is needed to open a video streaming site

Hi,

I like viewing the streaming videos in this site [
http://nextsteps.org/video/] using WinXP/Windows Media Player. But, now I=
=20
have to shift to FreeBSD-5.3 and I would still want to view these=20
educational streaming videos. I know mplayer, xmms, kaboodle, etc. which ar=
e=20
the multimedia players in FreeBSD/KDE environment. Can anyone point me to a=
=20
tutorial on how to open streaming videos using FreeBSD-5.3 and KDE-3.xdeskt=
op?

I saw that the file extension is .wvx which is a Windows Media Audio/Video=
=20
shortcut. Is there an application in FreeBSD that can open such audio/video=
=20
format?

Also, if I need to view real player format of streaming video, what program=
=20
do I need to install in FreeBSD?

Thank you very much!
-Edwin