Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 16:35:36 +0100 (BST)
From:      Aled Morris <aledm@routers.co.uk>
To:        Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATTN Emacs users; new Zile release

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Jamie Bowden wrote:

> Does anyone here actually get the point that a newbie can't use emacs
> anymore than they can use vi?  I hate ee as much as the rest of you, but
> it's small, and it tells the newbie which keys do what, which vi and emacs
> don't do.

I get the point entirely - my point is that ee is OK for newbies,
especially with those features you describe, but it doesn't have to
reinvent keymapping!  Emacs "C-e" for EOL, "C-a" for BOL are just fine.
Ee even supports these mappings, BUT my complaint is that the bogus ones are
the default.

Aled
--
tel  +44 973 207987                     O-
aledm@routers.co.uk