Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 11:38:01 -0800
From:      "Jon Reynolds" <jonr@destar.net>
To:        "Tor Stormwall" <tor@stormwall.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Checking installed packages

-----Original Message-----
From: Tor Stormwall [mailto:tor@stormwall.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 11:30 AM
To: Jon Reynolds
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 11:17:47AM -0800, Jon Reynolds wrote:
> I am trying to find out whiat packages are installed on my freebsd4.6 box.
> know I have php installed but when I do an 'pkg_info' it doesn't show up.
> have read that this command will only show if I used the pkg_add or
> pkg_create commands. So what is the command that would show everything
> installed?

Depends on if you installed the packages from ports/packages or
if you compiled them by yourself. Check in /var/db/pkg and you
should see all your installed packages.

Best Regards,
Tor Stormwall
      M A Y  T H E   S O U R C E   B E   W I T H   Y O U

Tor Stormwall			       http://creson.com/~tor
tor@stormwall.org		       www.stormwall.org

I installed by downloading the source and compiling and installing by
myself. When I looked in /var/db/pkg it showed the exact same installed apps
as using the pkg_info command. I have php installed in
/usr/local/WebMailFiles/php-4.2.2, I had php-4.2.1 and am trying to insure
that I have upgraded it to php-4.2.2. So I want to see which version is
showing it has installed. I went into the old php-4.2.1 folder did a make
clean then deleted the folder then configured the new php-4.2.2 and typed
make && make install. Would this be the correct way to uninstall a program
or is there a better way and did this actually uninstall the program?

Jon