Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:19:03 -0400
From:      Jerry A! <jerry@thehutt.org>
To:        Brad Karp <bkarp@icsi.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony SRX87 gets no interrupts

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 10:07:25AM -0700, Brad Karp wrote:

[snip snip, sorry can't help with the PXE stuff]

: I should add that if I boot 4.6-RELEASE from a Sony PC-Card CD-ROM drive
: (known to work on earlier Sony laptops with FreeBSD), that boot *also* hangs,
: though after the "mounting ufs:/dev/md0c" message. My hunch is that hang
: also occurs because the system isn't generating any clock interrupts...I
: can't imagine a running kernel gets far without them.

Have you tried booting from cdrom with the following options typed in at
the 'Ok' prompt?

    set hw.pcic.irq=0
    set hw.pcic.intr_path=1

It appears that the CD51 doesn't play well unless ISA routing is used.
Hopefully, this will solve your pesky cdrom booting issues.

        --Jerry

Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
...It's much more important than that!