Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 01:28:30 +0200
From:      "Liran Dahan" <lirandb@netvision.net.il>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Syn+Fin (Setup) And TCP RST

I checked the rules order, its ok...But something strange..
I've added rule like: ipfw add 1 reset tcp from any to any 100-200 , and i
have daemon running on port 110, i telneted it and i got connection refused
after 2 secs..(even when i have TCP_RESTRICT_RST Enabled - Via sysctl and
Kernel), But when i telneted the other ports (that arent running daemons -
Closed ports), it took about 30 seconds till i got connection refused - or
it was connection timeout (i did it from windows telnet).
Though if i add rule like ipfw add ip from any to any, ill get connection
refused after 2 secs (As if TCP_RESTRICT_RST Is disabled)
And about the TCP_RESTRICT_RST, You right,  it has nothing to do with it.

-Liran Dahan- (lirandb@netvision.net.il)