Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:00:40 +0200
From:      John Morgan Salomon <john@zog.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, zjoe@sundsu1.deltast.edu
Subject:   Re: Need help with software to run my APC UPS

Hi there,

I stumbled on this question while looking for solutions to a nut/upsd
problem on FreeBSD 4.6.1 -RELEASE(upsd version 0.45.3 from ports).

My particular (not particularly relevant) problem is that upsd seems to
think
that a tiny quick brownout constitutes a damned good reason to instantly
(but very cleanly and properly) shut down itself and all upsmon clients.
 Any
ideas would be appreciated.

Regarding the problem with the BACKUPS, I found a message thread from
this list on google:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22upsd+shutdown%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=9bhqqn%242j92%241%40FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw&rnum=1

Maybe that's of use.

Cheers,