Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 18:59:19 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Are my questions willingly ignored ?

Ariel Burbaickij wrote:

> Hullo.In last 5 days I sent 3 questions.None of them were answered are
> you ignoring me due to some reason or does mailserver just not work proper
> ?
> In case you DO ignore me,please give me some hint why.So that we can
> settle it.
>
> kind regards,
>
> Ariel

There are times I have felt that way also, but I don't
believe it's intentional. I remember one of your messages,
something about getting rid of Booteasy. I hesitate to
answer most questions as I am new to FreeBSD and usually
don't HAVE the answer, but if you wish, I'll take a stab at
this one:

From DOS, I think you can get rid of the boot program by
running "fdisk /mbr". I have no idea how to do it from
FreeBSD.

Yes, it can be restored later from FreeBSD. I had to do this
once, and found the method by searching the mail archives
but I'll be darned if I can find it again! There appear to
be at least two methods. One is done from DOS. There are two
files you need, bootinst.exe and boot.bin. If you installed
from cdrom, they should be on your first disk in the TOOLS
directory, or you can get them from one of the ftp sites,
also in a TOOLS directory. The other one is I believe, the
one I wound up using. Boot from your installation floppy or
cdrom and go into the partition editor for your first drive.
Make no changes to the partitions, and select "w". Continue
on until you are prompted for the BootMGR installation, and
designate your first drive. Finally, commit your changes,
and this should re-install the boot manager.

Hopefully, if I've given you some wrong information, someone
out there will be willing to jump in with both feet on my
aching back and correct me 8-)

Please be patient with us out here (sounds odd coming from
me). We're all just hackers, users and newbies, and no one
is obligated to answer questions. You may have better
success in the future by searching the mail archives at
http://www.freebsd.org. I myself have only been on this
mailing list for about a month, and see the same questions
asked over and over again. I imagine people may get tired of
answering them.

Good luck in the future, your goal is the same as mine,
getting rid of Micro$oft.

--
Walter

in·tel·lec·tu·al (ntl-kch-l)
n.	Someone who has been educated past his/her level of
intelligence.