Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 03:20:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: bin/2603: Added POSIX.4/POSIX.1b constants in unistd.h

The following reply was made to PR bin/2603; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, jau@jau.thunderbolt.fi
Cc:  Subject: Re: bin/2603: Added POSIX.4/POSIX.1b constants in unistd.h
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 22:04:56 +1100

 >	The system could define POSIX.4/POSIX.1b style constants in
 >	<unistd.h> describing the supported services.

 They should be in <sys/unistd.h> with the other POSIX macros...

 >	The attached patch assumes that the system will include either my
 >	own or someone else's implementations of POSIX.4 style shm_*() and
 >	sched_*() interfaces.
 >	If either of these interfaces is not included you should drop the
 >	related #define from the following patch.

 ...mainly because some of them are system-dependent or configuration-
 dependent.

 Configuration-dependent options are handled poorly by compile-time macros.
 I plan to remove some of the optional ones, starting with the bogus ones in
 <sys/syslimits.h>.

 Bruce