Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 1996 14:03:11 -0800 (AKDT)
From:      gbc  Corell <gbc@corellg.polarnet.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sio2 agaIN?

Hello All:
Last Weekend I upgraded by W.C. CDROM from 2.1.0 to 2.1.5. My Modem is on
sio2 and has been working with 2.1.0 for months. I copied GENERIC to
anothe name changed the following lines

device          sio0    at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
device          sio1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
device          sio2    at isa? disable port "IO_COM3" tty irq 5 vector
siointr
device          sio3    at isa? disable port "IO_COM4" tty irq 9 vector
siointr

TO THE FOLLOWING

device          sio0    at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
device          sio1    at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
device          sio2    at isa? port "IO_COM3" tty irq 5 vector siointr
device          sio3    at isa? port "IO_COM4" tty irq 9 vector siointr

and recompiled and installed.  The addresses and interrupts are the same
on my machine as indicated here and as the kernel for 2.1.0
The boot process still won't recognize my modem on sio2. Oh yes, I did do
the boot -c too.
 If anyone can help, please respond directly, I had to discontinue
"questions" as I am moving soon to Japan. pleas help!
Thanks everyone.

---
Gary B. Corell				Powered by FreeBSD   2.1
gbc@corellg.polarnet.com		corellg@polarnet.com
http://www2.polarnet.com/~corellg/	corellg@icebox.eielson.af.mil