Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 1997 03:22:49 GMT
From:      mouth@ibm.net (John Kelly)
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Re: sio driver question

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997 19:19:29 +0300 (EEST), Ruslan Ermilov
<ru@ucb.crimea.ua> wrote:

>I have 2 com ports on motherboard and have another board with
>two com ports on it. Unfortunately the card not allows to set
>me up IRQs should it use, just let me set that they will be
>com3 and com4.
>
>Can I use my sio2,sio3 on the same IRQ as the sio0,sio1?

Not concurrently, no.

See http://www.byterunner.com for some low cost multiport serial
boards which are designed to allow IRQ sharing.  Even with the cost of
international shipping, they may still be a bargain.

I think they import those boards from Taiwan or China, so perhaps you
can find a closer source for them.

John