Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 00:05:18 -0500
From:      Brett Paden <paden@designstein.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /kernel: st0: oops not queued

I get the following error reported to /var/log/messages when attempting
to use tar or dump:

[date] [machine name] /kernel: st0: oops not queued

tar reports an input/output error
dump reports DUMP: write error 20 blocks into volume 1
(I assume I would get the same sorts of I/O errors with any attempt to
write to the device)

I am using FreeBSD 3.0-980426-SNAP.

My machine is and i686 with an Adaptec SCSI card.

My kernel configuration includes support for SCSI tape devices (device
sd0).

mt commands seem to work fine, including status, rewind and erase.

My tape device is an Archive Python.

Any ideas??  I am baffled ...