Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:57:16 -0400
From:      "RD" <unixnoob@charter.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Shlight help plz

Hi guys,

   I'm having some trouble here.  I'm sorda a noob to unix, so plz bare
with me J

I've searched all the shlight list archives

I found the startup shel script

#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in

'start')

            /usr/local/sbin/shlight //papabear/myftp /usr/FTP -w -P
ou812ou812

        ;;

'stop')

            # Trivial (you may be able to produce something less

            # hamfisted than this) stop script:

            /usr/bin/killall shlight

        ;;

*)

        echo "Usage: $0 { start | stop }"

        exit 1

        ;;

esac

exit 0

I'm getting an error ( local package initialization : Samba/etc/rc:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/shlight.sh: not found   ?

Is this because samba needs 30 seconds or so to settle maybe?

I can't access my smb shares from w32 for a few seconds after login
prompt.

I can login and run the shlight command and it mounts ok without error,
so  I'm wondering if

I need to make the shlight startup sleep or something for a certain
amount of time maybe ?

Tx in advance

RD