Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 14:41:06 +1200
From:      "Craig Harding" <crh@outpost.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SETI@home has teams now!

Craig Harding wrote:

> [...stuff deleted...]

The other interesting thing is this from the gaussians page:

15.471077   0.852203   0.055084   08ja99aa.16286.917.279268.148   \
	Mon May 24   04:29:28 1999   ThomasChang thomas@megatime.com.tw

The first number is score, followed by power and fit. Score is
power/fit, obviously with fit lower is better. It's a weak signal but
very consistent with the 12second window at Arecibo - wonder if
it's one of their (= setiathome's) test signals. I hope when these
kinds of things are spotted they have a look and put some result
investigation page up. I guess at the moment they're too busy with
the initial setup phase of the project.

Hmm, freebsd-seti anyone?

						-- C.
--
Craig Harding         Head of Postproduction, Outpost Digital Media Ltd
     "I don't know about God, I just think we're handmade" - Polly