Date:      Sat, 12 Mar 2005 18:49:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@yahoo.com>
To:        Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/78687: Warning cleanups for graphics/URT port

--- Simon Barner <barner@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Okay, then it's a totaly different situation -- if URT is not actively
> maintained anymore, why not integrate fixes that are floating around in
> mailing lists (like that IRIX patch you mentioned in the PR) into the
> ports collection?

I think we have the all interesting stuff. The BRLCAD people are using autoconf
which might play nicer with multiple OSs out there, but is not really useful in
our port.

The next change that I'll do to the port will be more controversial: I want to
continue building in the support for netpbm and add support for BRLCAD and even
NCSA telnet, but I'll build everything static:
- netpbm is labelled NO_CDROM. I discussed this already with the port
maintainer and even when the source maintainer says the issues are solved,
there has been no solution. :(
- BRLCAD is just too big to have it installed everytime someone wants to use
URT... for example to build rayshade.

Ah well... every problem at it's time ;-).

   Pedro.