Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:05:48 -0600
From:      Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        "James (Scribble) Kelty" <scribble@digital-impact.com>
Cc:        Paul Halliday <transmogrify@sympatico.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mouse FREAKS out in X

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 01:07:47PM -0700, James (Scribble) Kelty wrote:
> Thanks for the input, but it still didn't work. I will try a few other things,
> but thanks anyway!!!

If you're running XF86 4.0 the documentation tells you to let X detect the
protocol. My mouse (ps/2 generic) was wigging out under X but not console
either so I let X4 detect the protocol and all worked out:

    Identifier  "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option      "Device"        "/dev/sysmouse"

Never had problems with the mouse under X 3.3.x however. If your problem
is related to 3.3.x perhaps you may need to cvsup /usr/src and make world,
I seem to recall that being an answer for a friend of mine having similar
problems with X4 that my above example didn't fix.