Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 1996 17:48:52 -0500
From:      Brian Clapper <bmc@telebase.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Submitted for your approval: TGIF

Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl> writes:

>>> There is a bug in the cut/copy/paste code in tgif. After doing a little
>>> copying/pasting it segfaults. Have you noticed this bug?
>>
>> No, I haven't, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  Can you give me the
>> sequence of steps necessary to reproduce it?  I can then try it here, under
>> FreeBSD, Linux, UnixWare and Solaris, to see whether it's a problem
>> specific to FreeBSD or a more general bug.
>
> Start tgif
> draw a rectangle
> select the rectangle
> choose edit->copy from the menu
> choose edit->paste from the menu and put the rectangle somewhere
> choose the edit menu again

> At this point it already sigfaults

FYI, I tested this problem.  On FreeBSD, it reliably gets a segmentation
violation if you do exactly what Marc says.  I built the same version on
Linux 1.2.1, Solaris 2.3, UnixWare 1.1.2, and BSDI 2.0.1.

    FreeBSD 2.1         dumped core
    Linux 1.2.1         ok
    Solaris 2.3         ok
    UnixWare 1.1.2      ok
    BSDI 2.0.1          dumped core

I'll look into it in my copious free time.  Perhaps I'll even contact the
author...
----
Brian Clapper, bmc@telebase.com, http://www.netaxs.com/~bmc/
pi seconds is a nanocentury.