Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 12:27:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Rev. Nostrebor N. Cire" <spock@spock.mem.net>
To:        "Jason J. Horton" <jason@intercom.com>, spock@mem.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Command line image manipulation

Thank you to everyone who responded.  The convert program in the ImageMagick
package is exactly what I needed.

convert -geometry 150x150 <image_file> JPEG:-

Takes an image in arbirtary format, scales it proportionally to about 150
pixels in width, converts to jpeg, and outputs on stdout.

The description of ImageMagick in the ports says that ImageMagick is for X.
Maby it should say that ImageMagick is for X and shell use?