Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:58:13 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   zsh alias question

Hi all,
i'm trying to get my aliases from my user account to transfer when i
su -m to root.  I don't want to attach all my config files, so which
ones should i post to see what is wrong?  All four are identical (all
contain aliases) and .zshenv contains some environment settings.  When
i su -m, only the two built-in aliases survive.  All others are
gone.  With bash, they survive.

Also, when i first enabled the toor account, it acted just like root.
Then, when i added a /home/toor directory and startup scripts, i could
change my shell for toor without affecting root. (Which is the whole
point, IIUC, to have a root account with a shell besides csh or sh).
Now that i removed the home directory, the two accounts act identical.
CHanging one password (toor) also changes root, and vice-versa.  Is
this normal?  How can i have toor use a different shell without adding
a toor home directory, which i am not supposed to need?

"Doors to the pleasures of heaven or hell, and i didn't care
which...."