Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:45:48 +0900
From:      Kazuaki ODA <kaakun@highway.ne.jp>
To:        Andre Oppermann <andre@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ggated not working on 6.2-PRERELEASE

Hello,

ggated is not working on 6.2-PRERELEASE.  For example, run the following
commands:

# dd if=/dev/zero of=md.img bs=1k count=1k
# mdconfig -a -t vnode -f md.img -u 0
# echo "127.0.0.1 RW /dev/md0" > /etc/gg.exports
# ggated
# ggatec create 127.0.0.1 /dev/md0

As the result, ggated outputs the following messages repeatedly to syslog:

ggated: Error while receiving hdr packet: Resource temporarily unavailable.
ggated: Exiting.

I tried to find what broke ggated, and finally found that it works fine
when I backout sys/kern/uipc_socket2.c rev. 1.147.2.7.

I don't know why the changes break ggated, but I hope that ggated will
work on 6.2-RELEASE.

--
Kazuaki ODA