Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 17:11:22 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com (Don Lewis)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bug in malloc/free

On Sep 19,  3:31pm, Terry Lambert wrote:
} > } Subject: Re: Bug in malloc/free
} > }
} > } We claim to be sort of POSIX conformant.  Perhaps this is enough.  We
} > } aren't actually POSIX conformant.  All the above "safe" routines may
} > } clobber the global `errno'.
} >
} > Which is why I save and restore errno in signal handlers.
}
} Perhaps this should be done by the trampoline code on the user's
} behalf...

Probably, though it's not necessary if the handler only sets a volatile
flag, and it doesn't help those of us who write code that tries to be
portable to environments where signal handlers can trash errno.

			---  Truck