Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 11:15:04 +0100
From:      Keith Jones <keith@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        Daniel Murray <danielthemighty@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Wed, Jul 15, 1998 at 02:47:41AM -0700, Daniel Murray wrote:

> I am running Windows 95, is it possible for me to install FreeBSD and
> have both operating systems coexist? Thanks.

The short answer is 'yes'.

You will, however, need to reserve space on your disk for a new disk
partition on which to install FreeBSD. FreeBSD will not run from a DOS
partition. You can either:-

	- buy a new hard disk
	- get rid of that unused D: drive ;)
	- use the FIPS utility to shrink your existing DOS partition
	  (I'm not sure how wise this is, as I have never used it)

When you install FreeBSD you will need to install the 'BootEasy' boot
manager to allow the option to choose between Windows 95 and FreeBSD on
bootup.

Keith
--
v Keith Jones                 Systems Manager, Blueberry New Media Ltd. v
| Postal Mail: 2/10 Harbour Yard, Chelsea Harbour, LONDON, UK. SW10 0XD |