Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 21:00:44 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   REQ: free pop3 daemon recommendations

Hi folks,

Having followed the bloated and eventually off-topic discussions that
spawned off the qpopper vulnerability announcement, I don't recall
anyone mentioning free alternatives.

>From the comments that I remember, both cucipop and qpopper are horribly
written and untrusted by people whose opinions I respect.

The question is, can anyone with a clue recommend a free POP3 daemon
that he or she considers well-written and "tight"? Ideally, something
that supports the POP3 TOP command would be great, but that's not
essential.

To avoid the sort of off-topic crap that developed the last time anyone
came near this issue, I propose that answers come to me directly (not
the list) and I'll post a digest of feedback to the list.

Thanks,
Sheldon.