Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 23:39:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        lad@inficad.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Video & Ethernet Question

Lawrence A. Deleski wrote:
> I bought a new D-Link 10/100 PCI ethernet card that uses the DEC 21140 chip.
> It installed ok but will complain on boot (de0: transmission timeout) and
> thereafter refuses to work.  As far as I can tell, everything's configured correctly.

I wonder if the D-Link is using the right medium.  The de driver
supports some media type and media option stuff for ifconfig. You
might want to try ifconfig'ing the card to the speed and duplex
modes you think it ought to have. (man de and man ifconfig)

(I do this with a D-Link 10BaseT/10Base2 tulip card).

Dave