Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:34:28 -0400
From:      Intuitive Design Archiving Service <archive@in-design.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Weird Fetchmail Problem

Hello all;

	I have fetchmail setup to download mail from 4 remote
accounts into 4 local accounts. For the better half of a year it has
been working fine and still is; now it seams with one account I get
the following error:

# fetchmail -v

fetchmail: 5.2.0 querying ***.****.**** (protocol POP3) at Tue, 18 Jul 2000
  12:58:32 -0400 (EDT)
fetchmail: POP3< +OK QPOP (version 2.52) at ***.****.**** starting.
fetchmail: POP3> USER ****
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Password required for mike.
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR Unable to process From lines (envelopes),
change recogniti
on modes.
fetchmail: Unable to process From lines (envelopes), change recognition modes.
fetchmail: Authorization failure on ***@***.****.****
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT

	Now I have checked everything about said account both locally
and remotely and nothing has been changed and it is setup exactly as
the three other accounts are. The other three accounts are working
without any problem. I thought it maybe that the mailbox for the
account is corrupt so I deleted it, and emailed a test 1 2 3 to 2 of
the accounts.  cated the mailboxes which looked identical and tried
to refetch it; and same exact error. IF anyone has ever seen this,
and knows how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Tamer Ziady
Tamer Ziady

Intuitive Design			http://www.in-design.com
414 S. Craig St. #290
Pittsburgh, PA 15213			Dedicated to specialized solutions!