Date:      Thu, 05 Nov 1998 21:48:08 -0800
From:      Joey Garcia <gummibear@mediaone.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Games and Stuff: Conerning Doom and Quake

Hey all!

Well I was playing with the ports again and I decided to install Doom.
Well, I installed it then turned on the Linux emulation stuff and tried
to run it.  It complained about a display, so then I tried running in
Windows (256 color mode).  Well, it started up and right when it got
into the demo, it crashed/exited.

I was almost certain that this question had been asked in the past, so I
tried checking out the mailinglist archives but I didn't find anything
referring to that problem.  Although, I have seen it in Linux mailing
lists, but I couldn't find the answers.

I have also been wondering if anyone has gotten Quake to work with
FreeBSD.  I didn't see Quake specifically in the ports collection,
although I did notice a quakeserver.  If I could run Quake with FreeBSD,
where could I get it? (I hope the neccessary info will come with it.)

Thanks for the help,

Joey Bear Garcia